The PresenTense curriculum is inspired by human-centered design theory championed by Tim Brown of IDEO. The Fellows develop their ventures according to the following guided process, broken down into three phases:
Over the course of these phases, Fellows, Steering Committee Members, and Mentors work together through the following modules, concluding with Launch Night at the end of May.
- Seminars taught by PresenTense ensure transfer of core skills and tools.
- Clusters bring Fellows together to workshop shared challenges.
- Venture Milestones push fellows to practice business elements; Coaches help them along.
- Round Tables introduce fellows to lived experiences of successful entrepreneurs.
- Mentors provide guidance, feedback and professional opinion.
- Launch Night teaches networking skills and exposes the venture to the public.